We ladies love our makeup and skincare products. But, boy! They can be expensive.
I am going to share with you some makeup products I don’t break the bank on and why.
1. LIP GLOSS & LIP STICKS. Truth is I have never really been a fan. They are pretty, don’t get me wrong, but they feel greasy, heavy and messy (after a drink, that is). And oh! It isn’t kiss-proof, if you know what I mean. I don’t like that I have to reapply it through out the day, or have to wipe my lip print off a glass after each sip. Yuck! Thank God for Matte liquid lipsticks.
2. PRESSED & TRANSLUCENT POWDER. Now, this, to some, might be controversial, but believe it or not, I don’t splurge on these. I used to be a believer in buying high end powder brands. That all changed when I had to set my under eye highlight with a friend’s inexpensive face powder (Constance Carol I believe) sometime back in the UK. And boy! Was I surprised. No flashbacks , not fine lines or cracks. Just awesome!
3. LIP PENCILS. Common, you don’t have to spend a lot on these. You also don’t need all the colors of the rainbow. You can find inexpensive brands with good pigmentation and wear. And all you need are two (2) colors: Brown and red.
4. MAKEUP BRUSHES. You need good tools to achieve a flawless makeup. However, you don’t need to break the bank. Find an inexpensive well made brush(foundation,eye shadow,blending,powder brush etc) with soft and flexible bristles/hairs, that do not shed (Yes, a shedding brush is so annoying).
5. DAY CREAMS & NIGHT CREAMS. I buy a mild moisturizer that contains an SPF 15 or 30 that I use day and night. Sometimes I substitute that for a bit of jojoba oil at night.
6. MASCARA & EYELINER : There is never any good or major difference between high-end and low-end brands. Find one that is very pigmented, long wearing and perhaps water-proof if that’s your preference.
7. MAKEUP REMOVAL EVERYTHING. This, OMG! is so unnecessary. One of my favorite ways to take off my makeup is THE OIL CLEANSING METHOD. Not any oil, mind you. A carrier oil . My favorite is a combination of virgin coconut oil and virgin olive oil. Or I use a face wipe. Will discuss this in a different post.
There we go Loves. These are just a few beauty products I don’t splurge on. Do you agree? What are yours? COMMENT below and don’t forget to SHARE this post with the lovely ladies in your lives.